Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 9

want it BIG.

It's already 9th of June.
My birthday is exactly a month away.
I should be sad, or should I grin?


I'm born in 1989.
So that means I'm going 21!
My 21st birthday!!!!
It's a big matter for us chinese at this age.
I don't know about my family's tradition, BUT
I heard from my friends
I saw on blogs
that we will get a "golden key".



Golden key is usually given in the form of a pendant.
A necklace pendant.
I was also told that
closed-one is the one who give the pendant.
Anyway I'm not really sure
BUT
I do like to get one of this on my bday. **GRINN**


To my surprise,
West Malaysians celebrated 21st birthday grandly.
Yeah I'm from East Malaysia.
I'm Sarawakian. :)

Wonder how grand it is?
Just like a wedding dinner bah.
Inviting all the friends and relatives
to the "21st bday dinner".
They would spend thousands to celebrate the bday.
No kidding!


Some would throw a party in their home.
Calling in steamboat trucks,
having buffet style dinner from restaurant, etc.
And again, calling the friends & all the relatives.
They would somehow find a way to celebrate it.
And I mean, grandly!


To what I know from my hometown,
we the kiddos would celebrate with the friends.
A simple hangout, a small bday cake.
Of course not missing out,
momma's chicken soup + long life mee + hard boiled eggs.
Momma's chicken soup is always a MUST on bday.
It's the tradition and most of all, it's REALLY yummy.


Btw I really have no idea how to celebrate.
Maybe also just a simple hangout?
I do want it to be big but... it's ok.
I'm used to it. :( sighhh










xoxo

No comments: